Tuesday, April 24, 2007

First Post

This blog is to help me connect and inform my friends, family, and others while I am a Peace Corps volunteer in Morocco. In the next 27 months (starting in September), I will learn Arabic, improve on my limited French, and observe a society far different from the one I grew up. George Bernard Shaw said “life isn’t about finding yourself; life is about creating yourself.” Each experience and decision I make will have influences on the whole person I hope to become.

Peace Corps represents a new phase in my life. Along for the journey is my friend, Mr. Optimism, who will help me persevere in times on hardship and self-doubt. I’m enthusiastic about my chances to make a difference in the lives of the Moroccans and naïve enough to think my age and idealistic nature are more of a strength than a weakness.

I’m a product of the Deep South. I love the food, hospitality, and the pace of life. What will Morocco’s be like? I have 27 months to find out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We excited about her new adventure and the next 27 months should prove to be very interesting

Eater said...

I encourage you to update this as often as you can--quite an interesting topic.

Cheers!