Friday, October 3, 2008

A New Month, A New Season

Ramadan is over! And fall is here. Or some season between a brutal summer and an unbearable winter. Whatever the season is, I am enjoying it.

I started October off when a great hike in the mountains outside Azrou. 2 other volunteers and I hiked all day yesterday. It was a beautiful, enjoyable day. Pictures are updated to Flickr.

Last month was eventful. I traveled to a couple of new places; read some great books, and enjoyed the Ramadan food with my host family. It took a year but chickpeas have slowly grown on me. Now I have a couple of great chickpea recipes. Thanks to wonders of technology and friendly volunteers, I got to watch the Alabama-Arkansas live on the Internet, with video and everything. It was almost like a dream. Oh, and I can't forget, Roll Tide!

Sorry for the relative lack of blog entries last month. I wrote a lot in my journal but I just didn't have much to say in the blog. So much of last month seemed to drag by because of the daylight fasting but I can't believe October is already here. It is like I blink and time passes me by.

The rest of October looks promising. I am excited.

No comments: