Tuesday, May 27, 2008

On The Road, On The Road Agin

"Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high"
-John Denver, "Sunshine on my Shoulders"

Most of my summer will be spent on the road. As much as I enjoy being in my town, I need to see more of this country. So now, I am hitting the road:
-Marrakech (for craft fair)
-Essaouira
-Agadir (for In-Service Training)
-Scotland (for a much-needed fix of Western life)

And this is all in the next 2 weeks. When I return to my town, Katherine will be with me and I will be introducing her to my Moroccan life. That will be an adventure, one I am looking forward to.

But for now, I am visiting beach towns. My toes will, once again, feel sad in between them; my eyes will, once again, see a sunset over water; and my shoulders will, once again, feel the sunshine.

No comments: