As I sit here listening to the wind howl outside my bedroom window grasping my American-sized coffee cup for dear life, my mind drifts. There is a sense of peace outside; that peace is inside me, in my body, in my actions.
As the heat from freshly-brewed coffee warms my body, I think about:
--the night sky and how with one glance, it can make someone drop their jaw with its beauty, solitude, and sparkle
--my sister’s visit in June
--my parent’s visit in July
--the rugs made by the cooperative and the love and pride that is woven into each thread
--the Democratic presidential race and the high level of knowledge of the elections displayed by locals
--the respect and the hospitability shown to me but also the resentment I have felt
--how much Ali has grown and wonder if I have aged as much as he has
--my next shower
--the fact that the coffee is gone and it is time for a refill
2 comments:
Hooray for American sized cups of coffee! It's amazing how comforting a really big serving of coffee can be...
...and I reflect how your adventures and stories enrich all of us back in Panama City...Dad
Post a Comment