Friday, September 21, 2007

Heading to CBT

Found out today I will be learning the Tamazight language. It is spoken by the Berbers in the Middle Atlas mountains near Fez. At first, I was a little bummed because I wanted to continue the intensive Darija training but now I am excited about this opportunity. There are only 11 people learning Tamazight so there are only 11 places we could end up living. Hopefully one will be really close to Fez. My Darija will inshallah improve tremoundsously as well and maybe even over the next 2 years, my French will achieve a conversational level. Who knows what my language will be like when I am done...probably a creole of Tamazight, Darija, and French.

My CBT group is in a small town about 2 hours northeast of Ouarzazate. It is so small that there is no cyber so Internet access in the next week is unlikely. My days will be filled with business projects, Tamazight and Darija training, and my own downtime. Hopefully, I can get lots of reading and writing done.

Salam until then...

No comments: