Thursday, March 6, 2008

2 Entries For The Price of 1

It is Christmas morning for you guys. Here are 2 new entries:

Entry #1: Mrhba I taddartinu zwein

Welcome to my beautiful/amazing house!

I have finally set up my house the way I want it. I will be making some improvements but they will come later. So for now, here is what my house looks like:


Front door


Entry way looking at my desk area


My desk area


The entryway…the maps on the wall are a large one of Morocco, a small one of the States, the amazing satellite image of Econfina Creek that Dad sent me and one that everybody awes over when they visit, and a topographical map of the Azrou area


One angle of the kitchen


Another angle


The door to my living room with my sunset collage :)


Living room…That is 2 layers of books there :)


One of the walls that whoever visits will get to put their mark on…SiMo had fun with paint has you can see


Another wall of living room. That window overlooks the family courtyard


My bedroom…it is tucked into a corner in the house so I don’t like to spend much time in there except to sleep. I prefer to be out in the open parts of my house.


And my bathroom…disgusting, yes.

And I know my family is waiting for this picture:

My storage/I-swear-it-is-not-junk room



Entry #2:
I am continuing work on a project at Katie started in a little village 9K away from my town. The sun was shining yesterday so Chris (my sitemate) and I strapped on our helmets and jumped on our bikes and headed out there. Here is a little picture slideshow:


The little village


River and the main water source for the many fields the village harvests every year


Random cow


These storks are everywhere!


Walking through the fields

And I will end on this: As I got back into my town, I stopped on the side of the road to talk to someone and 3 very-outfitted SUVs with Mountain Travel Sobek logos all over them drove on by. I started to stare and my mouth began to water. I so badly wanted to shout “Take me with you.” Before I could recover, they were already out of town.

1 comment:

Adam Harbison said...

Nice pictures of your new place. By the way, I walked past the national headquarters of Peace Corps here in DC walking to a meeting yesterday and though of you. Hope all is well.
-Adam